Sunday 21 April 2013

Preparation

So upon request from quite a few different people I have started a blog that will keep you updated on my trip to India. Here I will post pictures, updates, what God is teaching me, how preparation is coming along and how life is going once I actually arrive. I thank you in advance for your prayers and support for my trip - know that you are appreciated by me! So here's my first post:)

This morning I decided to begin the countdown for when I leave for India - 63 days. Wow. That time is going to fly by and in this time of preparation I want to be very intentional with every moment that I am given. Intentional in the relationships I have and continue to build into them, intentional in preparing all of the essentials and logistics for my trip, intentional in how I spend my time, and intentional in preparing my heart.

I have been reading through Proverbs lately. Wisdom is clearly the theme. From the beginning to the end Solomon emphasizes over and over the importance of seeking after wisdom and knowledge. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" 1:7 "For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding" 2:6 "Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men" 2:12 "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil" 3:7 "Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding" 3:13 "My son, do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight" 3:21 "Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them" 4:5 "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding" 4:6;7.

Beginning to get the point? Yeah me too. Wisdom is clearly so essential in our lives. In how we make decisions, how we choose to live each moment, how we react in difficult situations, how we spend our spare time, and in every area of our lives we need to be seeking wisdom. And this wisdom does not come from ourselves but from God. He promises that if we seek him we will find him (Jer 29:13). So if wisdom comes from God and we are seeking after God who promises that we will find him, then it seems to me that we will find wisdom. Pretty neat.

As I follow God in this time of preparation I am seeking his wisdom in everything I do and in every decision I make. Moving to India by myself can be super exciting at times but it is also beginning to prove intimidating and a bit scary. As I continue to grow deeper with our Father I will continue to develop a deeper knowledge of the wisdom that comes from him and how he wants me to live every moment and I pray that you find this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment